Are you in the market for a new home? Perhaps you want something larger for your growing family, or you’re looking for a beautiful house in just the right Atlanta neighborhood. Either way, you may be caught between purchasing an existing house, personalizing a production home, and building a completely custom home from the ground up. Consider these 10 reasons you might want to build a custom home.
- No compromises: The most obvious reason to build a custom home is to personalize it exactly the way you want. For many people, the debate ends here.
- Perfect location: The first step of the custom home building process is to pick out a lot. With the ability to build anywhere you want, you get your pick of school districts and can choose how close you live to shopping and dining, entertainment, and family and friends.
- Custom features to match your lifestyle: Whether you enjoy entertaining, love outdoor living, or have a passion for movies, you can include custom features such as an oversized kitchen island, built-in backyard fire pit, or theater room in the basement to cater to your hobbies and interests.
- Opportunity for self-expression: It’s possible to personalize any home you live in, but a custom build allows you to handpick the window placement, light fixtures, ceiling height, and other features that are difficult to modify later.
- Built-in technology: Modern homes increasingly come with high-tech features built right in. Whether you pine for multi-room audio, smart appliances, or home automation, you can have everything you want right out of the gate when you build a custom home.
- Family planning: A common reason families move is to accommodate the growing number of people living in the house. Building a custom home gives you the chance to design a layout that fits your needs today and anticipates any changes the future may bring.
- Lower energy bills: Updating an older home to be more energy efficient can get expensive fast. Of course, all new homes meet building standards for energy efficiency requirements, but you have even more options to maximize building performance with a custom home.
- Lower maintenance costs: Even after making inspections, buying an existing home is always a gamble. Unforeseen maintenance pitfalls can hinder any homeowner. A custom home negates this possibility by delivering new materials, furnishings, and appliances straight from the manufacturer with warranties intact.
- Pride of ownership: This intangible benefit of living in a custom home is one of the most significant. When guests come by, you’ll love the chance to showcase the craftsmanship and artistry found only in a truly custom home.
- Opportunity to choose your builder: Designing a home from the ground up is all about choice, and that goes for who you hire as well. Selecting a company with years of experience and access to the best materials and building techniques is the key to maximizing the other benefits on this list.
If these reasons to build a custom home speak to you, consider choosing Craftbuilt for the job. As a custom home builder in Atlanta, we steer clear of cookie-cutter designs to ensure your new home is uniquely you. Whether you’ve picked out a lot where you want to build, or you decide to demolish your existing house and build a luxury home in its place, we can meet your needs. Our design/build process takes you from blueprints to baseboards, with no detail overlooked. We’ll make sure your custom home suits your tastes without compromise!
To find out more about building a custom home in Atlanta with Craftbuilt, please get in touch today.< Back to Blog