If you live in a historic district, regulations might play a big part in the type of remodeling you’re permitted to perform. Fortunately, Craftbuilt, Inc. has experience completing projects in historic neighborhoods across Atlanta. We’ll apply for building permits on your behalf so you can go on with your busy life. This hands-off approach allows you to sit back and watch as your historic home restoration takes place before your very eyes.
From reviving hand-peeled siding and historic framework to sourcing authentic hardware and finishes, Craftbuilt will restore your home to the way it once was. Let our job site craftsmen bring back the beauty of bygone eras—call us at 404-850-9117 today to get your project started.
Historic Home Restoration Services
Since 2009, Craftbuilt has been a steward of gracious living in Atlanta’s historic neighborhoods, including Druid Hills and Inman Park. Some of the restoration services we perform include:
- Salvaging existing architectural features: Genuine hardware, windows, doors, trim, stonework, and other features add historic charm to your home. We revive these whenever possible.
- Replacing damaged elements: As a home ages, it often becomes necessary to replace damaged features. We have a network of resources for replacement millwork and hardware made like grampa did it—you’ll think we had it shipped in a time machine.
- Ensuring safety and code compliance: Standing water, cracked foundations, asbestos insulation, outdated electrical, and other problems are common with historic homes that have been unoccupied for decades. During restoration projects, we ensure your home is safe by complying with all relevant building codes.
We can combine these restoration services with other design/build projects, including remodeling and home additions. We’ll make sure any rooms we renovate or add to match the historic style of the original home.
Planning Your Home Restoration in Atlanta
Bringing your historic home up to 21st-century living standards can be a challenge. Fortunately, the team at Craftbuilt has experience with these types of projects. We’ll handle the nitty-gritty details to ensure you end up with a functional, beautiful, historically accurate home. Here’s what our design/build process entails:
- Discover the possibilities and restrictions of your historic home.
- Let our team design every aspect of your restoration.
- Specify which beautiful and durable materials, fixtures, and accents you want to include.
- Let our tradesmen build the restored home you’ve been longing for.
Why Choose Craftbuilt to Restore Your Historic Home?
Here’s what sets us apart:
- The Craftbuilt Guarantee: We promise to provide unlimited access to professional advice, installation of the highest-quality materials, and coverage from industry-leading warranties, including our three-year labor warranty.
- In-house carpentry crew: It takes a knowledgeable team to work on a historic restoration project. Our crew draws on years of experience and code regulations to ensure a beautiful, unique finished product.
- BuilderTrend: We use this construction project management software to provide our clients with real-time project updates, pictures of finished builds, warranty comparisons, and streamlined billing. We’ll show you how it works so you can stay informed at all times so you know when different phases of the job are starting, can check your completion timeline, and can approve your custom designs and materials online.
- High-Performance Construction: If you have ever wondered why they don’t build them like they used to, we have the answers on how to build it better. It’s in our name, it’s in our blood—our houses, are stiffer, quieter, more energy efficiency—ask about our no squeak guarantee!
Home Restoration in Atlanta, GA
Retain your home’s historic charm with help from Craftbuilt. We’ll tackle difficult problems head-on to ensure a safe, comfortable, and efficient end product. To get started, fill out our online contact form, and we’ll be in touch soon.